Tomato and Garlic Omelet
- 1 ⁄2 slice whole wheat bread
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 300°F or 150°C.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in egg substitute.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling.
- Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.