Chicken Tomatillo Salad
For the dressing
- 128 grams husked and quartered tomatillos
- 3 tablespoons light Italian dressing
- 1 fresh Anaheim chili seeded and chopped
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 236 grams chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 120 grams chopped red bell pepper
- 128 grams frozen corn thawed 1 cup chopped carrots
- 4 green onions sliced
- 32 grams chopped fresh cilantro
- In a blender or food processor container, tomatillos with dressing, Anaheim chili, and ground black pepper and blend until smooth
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and mix carefully.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix carefully.
- Cover and chill for 20 minutes or make a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates or bowls.