Orechiette with Creamy Basil and Broccoli SauceNew recipe
- 200 grams broccoli cut into florets
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 15 grams basil leaves
- 150 grams reduced fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 250 grams orechiette or shell pasta
- 256 grams frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan for serving
- Cook broccoli, zucchini and garlic in a large saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes or until the broccoli is just tender and bright green.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop vegetables and garlic into
- a food processor with 118 grams of cooking water, basil, cream cheese, parmesan and pepper.
- Blend until a smooth sauce is formed.
- Cook pasta in the same pot of boiling water, until al dente, drain.
- Pour the broccoli mixture into a separate saucepan,
- stir in peas and cook over low heat for 2-3 minutes until peas are just cooked, then toss in pasta.
- Serve immediately topped with a grinding of black pepper and shaved parmesan.