Cooked artichoke hearts
- 1 green artichoke
- 0.5 lemon
- Place the artichoke on the edge of the work surface and twist off the stem, removing all the hard fibres at the same time.
- Use a sharp knife or electric knife and remove approximately 60% off the top. You will see the hay.
- Cut away all the leaves around the heart, leaving it clean
- Use a spoon to remove the hay.
- Rub a halved lemon all over the artichoke. You can place them in water with a little lemon juice but this could affect the flavour.
- Blanche the artichoke hearts in salted water until tender.
- They are now ready to be used for other compositions.