Baked Vanilla and Ricotta Tart with Star Anise Citrus
- 600 grams wedge ricotta cheese
- 64 grams reduced fat vanilla yogurt
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 600 grams citrus fruit eg. oranges ruby grapefruit, mandarins
- 1 star anise
- mint leaves to decorate
- 96 grams reduced fat vanilla yogurt for serving
- In a food processor, combine ricotta, yogurt, eggs, sugar and vanilla until very smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a baking paper lined 23-24cm spring form tin.
- Bake at 150°C for 30 minutes or until just firm, turn off oven and allow tart to cool in the oven for 1 hour, stand at room temperature for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until cold.
- Peel and segment the citrus fruits over a bowl to collect the juice, then squeeze any remaining juice out of the leftover membrane.
- Place the juice and star anise in a small saucepan and boil until slightly reduced and thickened.
- Pour the hot syrup over the segments and chill until required.
- Remove tart from the tin and place on a serving platter, top with fruit, syrup and mint leaves.
- Serve slices of the tart with extra yogurt dolloped on the side.