Filet maki roll
- 80 grams sushi rice, cooked
- 1 nori sheet
- 15 grams cucumber, julienne
- 20 grams avocado
- 5 grams tanuki (tempura flakes) or fried onions(optional)
- 20 grams wasabi mayonnaise
- 50 grams beef fillet finely sliced
- 10 grams teriyaki sauce
- 5 grams spring onion
- 10 grams fresh wasabi wasabi pasta
- 10 grams pickled Japanese ginger
- Use your thumbs to spread the rice across the sheet of nori.
- Turn over, and arrange the cucumber, avocado, and tanuki (or fried onions) on the nori.
- divide the wasabi mayonnaise.
- Roll into a loose roll with the rice on the exterior.
- Use a sushi mat to gently press down on the roll and give it shape.
- Place fine slices of fillet on top of the roll and brush over the teriyaki sauce.
- Use a kitchen blow torch to sear the meat, and cut the roll into eight equal-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle over some chopped spring onion and serve with fresh wasabi and pickled ginger.