Chicken and Broccoli Pie
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 chicken breasts chopped
- 1 onion
- 300 grams mushroom soup
- 1 dessertspoon of curry powder
- 150 grams semi‐skimmed milk
- 450 grams broccoli
- salt if desired
- 50 grams brown breadcrumbs
- 50 grams low‐fat grated cheese
- Pre‐heat the oven to 220°C or 425°F or Gas Mark 7.
- Chop the onion finely and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces. Cook for 10 minutes. (A cooked or boiled chicken could also be used.)
- Boil broccoli for 2–3 minutes.
- Mix the milk, soup, curry powder, salt and pepper together in a jug.
- Put the cooked chicken pieces, onion and broccoli into the casserole dish. (Try carrots or any other vegetable can be used instead of broccoli.)
- Pour in the soup mixture.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cheese together and then place on top of pie (helps prevent cheese burning).
- Cook in the pre‐heated oven for 30 minutes.