Roasted Chicken, Vegetable and Risoni Salad
- 250 grams chicken tenderloins
- 200 grams sweet potato (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 1 large red capsicum (cut into 2cm pieces)
- 1 zucchini (cut into 2cm rounds)
- 1 bunch asparagus (cut into 5cm lengths)
- 1 large red onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 236 grams natural yogurt
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 230 grams risoni pasta (or pasta of choosing)
- 1 ⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons baby capers (rinsed and drained freshly ground black pepper, to taste)
- Toss the chicken, sweet potato, capsicum, zucchini, asparagus, red onion, paprika, garlic and oil together in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer onto a baking paper lined oven tray and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken and vegetables are cooked. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and let cool.
- Combine the yogurt and vinegar to make a dressing.
- Slice the chicken and place in a large bowl with the vegetables, risoni, parsley, capers, half the dressing and season with pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled drizzled with remaining dressing.
This salad can be made using leftover roast vegetables and skinless chicken from the night before.
Pro tips: When you let the pasta cool cover it with a neutral oil, this prevents the pasta from sticking.