Apple Turkey Gyro
- 128 grams sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 256 grams sliced red bell pepper
- 256 grams sliced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 226 grams turkey breast (cut into thin strips)
- 1 medium apple (cored and sliced)
- 6 whole wheat pitas (lightly toasted)
- 64 grams lowfat plain yogurt
- In a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, lemon juice, and bell peppers in oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in turkey and cook until turkey is fully cooked, add pepper and salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in apple, wait for 5 minutes to let the apple warm.
- Fold pita in half and fill with apple mixture, drizzle with yogurt.
- Serve warm.
A healthy twist on a classic Greek dish.