Skillet gnocchi with Chard & White Beans
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 453 grams package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 medium yellow onion thinly 1 sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 118 grams water
- 765 grams spinach
- 425 grams can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 425 grams can white beans rinsed
- 1/4 cup teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 64 grams shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 32 grams finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. You may have to repeat this until all the spinach is cooked.
- Stir in the tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.