Turkey & Balsamic Onion Quesadillas
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 59 grams balsamic vinegar
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 128 grams shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 227 grams deli turkey preferably smoked
- 1 Green chilli pepper finely cut, optional
- Combine onion and vinegar in a bowl, let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Drain, reserving the vinegar for another use, such as salad dressing.
- Warm 2 tortillas in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for about 45 seconds, then flip.
- Pull the tortillas up the edges of the pan so they are no longer overlapping.
- Working on one half of each tortilla, sprinkle one-fourth of the cheese, cover with 2 slices of turkey and top with one-fourth of the onion,(sprinkle the finely sliced green chilli pepper).
- Fold the tortillas in half, flatten gently with a spatula and cook until the cheese starts to melt, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Make 2 more quesadillas with the remaining ingredients.