Sesame Chicken with Peppers and Snow Peas
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 450 grams boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 256 grams snow peas trimmed
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 11 ⁄2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 green onions sliced
- 256 grams cooked brown rice
For the chicken and vegetables.
- Place sesame seeds in a large nonstick skillet; cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Keep stiring!
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Spray the same skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Add chicken, cook and stir for about 10 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add snow peas and bell peppers , stir for 3 to 4 minutes more until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl , combine soy sauce ,water, brown sugar, and ginger, add to the chicken and vegetable mix in the skillet.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
For the brown rice.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, using at least 6 as much water then rice.
- Rinse* the rice in a fine mesh colander under running water to remove excess starch.
- Add the rice to the boiling water. Reduce the temperature as necessary to prevent overflow, but maintain a steady boil. Boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Drain off the remaining cooking water and return the rice to the pot. Cover the pot and let the rice rest, off the heat, for 10 minutes. Fluff, season as desired, and serve.
- Serve 3⁄4 cups of chicken mixture over 1⁄2 cup of brown rice.