Spaghetti with Turkey Meat Sauce
- 340 grams lean ground turkey
- 822 grams diced tomatoes (juice reserved)
- 1 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 128 grams finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 450 grams spaghetti noodles
- Salt (to taste)
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, bell pepper, onion, garlic, oregano, and ground black pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain well.
- Serve sauce over spaghetti.
Top your pasta with this healthy version of a classic Italian dish.