Salmon Courgette & asparagus papillote
- 1 kilogram Salmon fillet
- 2 courgettes
- 1 leek
- 225 gram young fresh asparagus,trimmed
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6.
- Cut the salmon in pieces of 250 grams/5.3oz.
- Using a potato peeler, carefully slice the courgettes lengthways into thin strips. Cut the leek into very fine julienne, and cut the asparagus evenly into 5cm/2in lengths.
- Cut out four sheets of baking parchment measuring 30 x 38cm/12 x 15in and fold in half.
- Divide the salmon, courgettes, asparagus and leek evenly between each paper , positioning the filling on one side of the fold line and top each with a tarragon sprig and a garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper. Brush the edges lightly with the egg and fold over. Twist the edges together so that each parcel is completely sealed.
- Lay the parcels on a baking tray, and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately, laying the parcels on the serving plates to be opened at the table.