Curried Chicken Pitas
- 6 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 60 grams low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 256 grams cooked (cubed chicken breast)
- 1 ripe but firm pear (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (finely diced)
- 64 grams dried cranberries
- 32 grams sliced or slivered almonds (toasted)
- 4 4- to 5- inch whole-wheat pita breads (cut in half)
- 256 grams sprouts (cut in half and cooked)
- lettuce (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 220°C.
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise and curry powder in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, pear, celery, cranberries, sprouts and almonds. Mix carefully.
- Put the pita breath in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill each pita half with 1/2 cup chicken salad and the yoghurt, mayonaise sauce.
Cranberries and pear are sweet counterpoints in this tangy curried chicken salad. Toasted sliced almonds add a nutty crunch.
To make ahead: Cover and refrigerate the salad for up to 2 days.