Cinnamon Baked apples
For the apples:
- 4 large golden delicious apples cored
- 64 grams raisins
For the sauce:
- 118 grams 100% apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven at 356°F or 180°C
- Place apples in an oven safe baking dish.
- Remove the core from the apples.
- Fill each apple with an equal amount of raisins.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over apples.
- Put the oven dish with apples in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the apples are tender
- Carefully remove apples from the dish with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Place the baking dish back into the oven and bake until the juice turns into a syrup.
- Drizzle over apples and serve while hot.