Tarte tatin of banana
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 dl sugar water 1:1 sugar and water heated until the sugar is resolved
- 3 banana
- 1 lemon only the juice
- 100 grams sugar
- 50 grams butter
- nutmeg to taste
- Punch 6cm-diameter rounds out of the puff pastry.
- Poke the puff pastry rounds with a fork to keep them from rising too much.
- Brush both sides with sugar water and set aside for 10 minutes. Brush them again and place the rounds between two silicone sheets.
- Bake in a 185°C or 365°F oven until they are nicely golden brown and caramelised.
- Store in an air-tight container until ready to use.
- Cut the bananas into slices 1.5cm thick and combine with the lemon juice to prevent discolouring.
- In a dry pan, caramelise the sugar and then add the butter.
- Add the banana and caramelise briefly.
- Grate nutmeg on top and let cool at room temperature.
- Top the puff pastry rounds with the caramelised banana and heat in the oven until warm.