Spiced Lamb Burgers with Yogurt and Fresh Beetroot Relish
- 1 medium beetroot peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander
- 400 grams lean lamb mince
- 3 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- olive oil spray
- 4 wholegrain rolls split in half
- 80 grams mixed lettuce
- 1 cucumber peeled into ribbons
- 180 grams natural yogurt
- extra coriander for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix together
- the beetroot, vinegar, ginger and coriander.
- Chill for at least 10 minutes or until the beetroot has softened slightly.
- Combine the lamb with the onion, carrot, sesame seeds, cumin and egg until sticky.
- Shape into 4 burgers, spray lightly with oil and and cook on a hot grill for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through, keep warm.
- Lightly toast bread rolls on the grill.
- Season the yoghurt with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill each roll with lettuce, cucumber, a burger, some beetroot relish, yogurt and extra coriander.
- And serve immediately.