Veal cutlets are delicious, tender meat that can be cooked in many different ways. But you may not be aware that veal cutlets can also be baked in the oven! This is a great option for those of you who don’t like to use frying oils or want to cook something healthy.
The best cut of the veal for cutlets
The best cut of veal for veal cutlets is a leg. The veal leg is the most tender and has the most flavor. The only downside to using veal legs is that they are more expensive than other cuts, so if you plan on cooking veal often or in large quantities, it might be worth investing in a whole leg instead of individual pieces.
If you’re looking for something cheaper but still with great quality, veals shoulder roast can also work well as long as it’s not too fatty. Remember that when cutting your meat into small strips for veal cutlet recipes, you want them to be about 3/4 inch thick by 2 inches long depending on how big your final product needs to be after cooking.
Step-by-step guide for making breaded veal cutlets
Veal cutlets are breaded and then baked to perfection, with a crispy outside and tender inside. I’ll show you how to do it step-by-step so that you too can enjoy veal cutlets at home! Let me know if this is helpful for you 🙂:
- Get veal meat, flour, egg white, bread crumbs, and salt ready.
- Slice your veal meat into the desired thickness and length.
- Prepare the veal by dredging in the flour mixture (add salt or herbs if you desire).
- Then coat the veal meat completely with the egg whites mixture (you can substitute for milk or water if necessary).
- Dust the coated veal meat with breadcrumbs.
How to bake veal cutlets in the oven
It’s always a good idea to cook veal cutlets in the oven because it is an easy and safe way to do so. Here is how you can bake veal cutlets in the oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C and prepare the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, olive oil, or butter
- Place veal cutlet on the prepared dish, season with salt and pepper, and place desired vegetables around veal.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (depending on the thickness of the veal cutlets).
This method works for both breaded veal cutlets and plain veal cutlets.
We hope that you’ve enjoyed this post so far! We really want to give our readers as much value as we can. If it’s not enough yet, check out what we have in our store –>
How to reheat veal cutlets
People who are looking for veal cutlets should be aware that veal is the meat of young calves. It has a mild flavor and a delicate texture, which means it can easily dry out if not cooked properly. To avoid this, veal cutlets should either be pan-fried or oven-baked, as these methods will keep the veal moist and tender.
Here’s how to reheat veal cutlets:
- Place them in an ovenproof dish and cover with foil.
- Then bake at 350°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes. If you want your veal to have a crispy crust, remove the foil after 10 minutes so the top gets browned before serving.
Kitchen tools you’ll need
A kitchen is a place where you should feel safe and at home. It’s the room in your house that you’re most often in, so it’s important to have all of the right tools for cooking, cleaning, and preparing food. Whether you are an amateur or an expert chef, there are certain things that make life easier when dealing with food preparation.
Here are some of these essential items:
- Checkered Chef Baking Sheet with Wire Rack Set
- Leak Proof (18-8) Stainless Steel Food Storage Containers
- Panko Japanese Style Toasted Bread Crumbs
It’s important to know how veal cutlets are cooked because they can easily dry out and become tough if not prepared properly. For those of you who want to bake veal in the oven or reheat it with a crispy crust on top, this article has everything you need. If you have any questions, let us know by leaving a comment below. We hope this blog post was helpful for achieving great results while baking veals at home- let us know what else would
We hope that you’ve found this post helpful! If there’s anything else, please check out our store where we sell digital cookbooks and other digital products that help you in your kitchen, please be sure to check us out!