Do you love cooking and eating chicken but want to cook it without the added fat? If so, we have a few tips that will help you how to cook chicken without oil or butter.
This blog post is for those who are looking to limit their intake of fats in their diet. Cooking healthy can be tricky at first, but with these tips, it’s easy!
There are 2 ways you can cook chicken without oil or butter, with or without marinade.
Cooking chicken without oil, butter, and marinade is often a challenge.
It can be dry and tasteless. However, with the right technique and tips, cooking chicken without oil or butter can be easy and delicious!
Baking your chicken in the oven
Baking your chicken in the oven is one of the best ways to cook it while avoiding fat.
Cooked this way, you’ll have tender meat that’s moist on the inside with crispy skin on top. The key to perfect baked chicken is how long you cook it.
A small guide on how to cook chicken in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F or 180°C.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and season both sides with pepper and salt (or any seasoning you want).
- Place chicken breast side by side and cook for 20 minutes.
- Turn over and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately
Grilling you chicken
You might be thinking, how can I cook chicken without any fat? But the truth is that it’s possible with a few easy-to-follow steps and simple cooking techniques.
With this technique, there are two ways of grilling your chicken: either by grilling it on the barbecue or in a grilling pan:
- To cook your chicken in a grilling pan as well as on the bbq, prepare the grill by heating it to medium-high heat.
- Season your chicken with pepper and salt, or with any spices or herbs you desire.
- Add the rawly seasoned (get creative with your seasoning) chicken to the grill and cook for 5 minutes, then flip the chicken and cook on the opposite side for another five minutes.
- Repeat this process 3 to 5 times, or until the chicken is cooked through
Cooking plain chicken in a frying pan
You can cook chicken without oil or butter in a frying pan by adding some water to your pan, this process is called braising. But I personally wouldn’t recommend it because it’s tasteless and very easy to mess up.
Cooking chicken with marinade gives your meal a lot more flavor but it takes a little bit more time.
A marinade is an easy way to add flavor and make it taste delicious! Marinades often just require some vinegar or lemon juice plus your favorite spices.
My go to marinade without oil or butter
This pineapple and honey marinade goes perfect with chicken. The tangy aromas of pineapple, apple cider vinegar, garlic cloves, ginger, and honey combine to create a flavourful dish that’s sure to please!
- 750g/ 5 cups pineapple
- 150g/ 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 100g/ 1 cup honey
- 10g/ 1/8 cup ginger
- 1 garlic cloves
- 50g / 0.2 cup aged soya sauce
- Clean the pineapple and remove the core.
- Put all the ingredients together in a blender and blend to a paste.
- (Store the marinade in the refrigerator until use.)
- Cover the chicken to marinate with the marinade and let it rest in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
What to do with your marinated chicken?
After you’ve marinated your chicken for 24 hours, it can be cooked in the oven or on a grill. You could even fry up some delicious pieces without any added cooking oil or butter!
Kitchen tools, spices, and marinades
Before you start cooking anything, it’s important to have the right kitchen tools. Cooking is much more enjoyable when we’re using the perfect utensils and appliances for our needs!
- Baking Sheet with Rack Set [2 Sheets+2 Racks]
- Lodge Cast Iron Grill Pan
- mixing bowl Set of 6
- Everyday Grilling Variety Pack (Montreal Steak, Montreal Chicken, Roasted Garlic & Herb, Hamburger)
- Weber Grill Spices and Seasonings JUST ADD JUICE
Cooking chicken without oil or butter can be a challenge, but it’s not impossible. With these techniques and tips, cooking your favorite protein with no added fat can be easy and delicious!
From how to cook chicken in an oven to how to grill your meat on the bbq, there are many ways you can prepare this dish without any added fats. If you have any questions you always can leave a comment below.
I hope it doesn’t have side effects.